Thursday, December 8, 2011

Tattooine Neckpiece


Title: Tattooine

Materials
- naturally hand-dyed habotai silk with madder, safflower, pomegranate, logwood, cochineal and indigo.
- repurposed leather
- goldwork: Grecian Twist (0.5% gold) , Pearl Purl


About two weeks ago I wrote asking for your help deciding which design(s) to make. At that point in time I had intended to make two of my four designs. I didn't anticipate that these would take forever to make, so I only ended up with one complete neckpiece....for now. 

Click here to read about my inspiration and to view my other three designs.







I'm pleased with the outcome. Can't wait to make another to get it absolutely perfect.




What do you think? Is this something you would wear? I'm curious to know how people feel about bold-textile-art jewellery and accessories....

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I would definitely wear it or something like it. Of course, I am mostly hanging out at home with toddlers. I think it is definitely a conversation piece too. And I think it is one of those pieces people will either love or hate. I will look forward to seeing the other neckpiece some day. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all your kind words Chantal. I very much appreciate it. :)

    I foresee myself making more neckpieces using these techniques next semester.

    ReplyDelete